For many adults, having a straighter smile is a dream that may not come true as they don’t want to wear the bulky traditional metal braces. There has been an alternative method of straightening teeth that have been around for a decade known as Invisalign. The method is great for someone who is shy from the metal braces and can lead to a better health and greater confidence. Most of the people associate these teeth liners expensive but once you get to know how these are a better alternative for straighter teeth the price may not seem like an issue.
Here’s a closer look at what makes Invisalign a better option for a straighter smile:
• Cosmetic: Most people are drawn to Invisalign because of the cosmetic factor. The aligners are clear and customized to straighten the teeth and improve the smile. These are barely noticeable and can be removed for special occasions.
• Comfort: The plastic aligners causes less pain and discomfort than the metal wires. Metal braces put pressure on the teeth, gums, and jaw. This causes discomfort and mouth sores. With metal braces, you’ll have to visit the dentist every 4 weeks but Invisalign aligners can be changes by the patient them self.
• Oral Health: As the trays or the aligners are removable, you can easily take it out to eat, brush and floss the teeth. However, with metal braces, one has to always keep in mind their oral care habits since food particles can become attached to the metal wires. Also, you can enjoy your favorite foods when you opt for Invisalign.
Invisalign clear aligners can give you the confidence with a great smile and also reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
• Healthier teeth and gums: When the teeth are crowded or too widely spaced, on can have swollen gums. Swollen gums can lead to periodontal disease. When the teeth are properly aligned the gums fit securely around the teeth thus allowing it to defend against potential periodontal problems.
• Easier Teeth Cleaning: Usually the food gets stuck in the wires and brackets of metal braces. With metal braces, the food particle gets trapped in between. This can lead to plaque buildup and may even cause tooth decay. The aligners can be easily removed so you can continue brushing and flossing.
• Overall Health: Teeth and gums can tell you about your overall health. If you don’t take care of your oral health, it can lead to tooth decay, mouth sores, tender gums, bad breathe, and possible tooth loss. Oral infections can further cause ailments such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes and pneumonia. Invisalign clear aligners make oral hygiene easier when straightening your teeth. Aligned teeth can alleviate issues like speech, chewing difficulties, jaw problems, and improper bite. Invisalign gives you the confidence of a great smile and your overall health as well.
If you want to know more about this revolutionary teeth straightening treatment and say goodbye to crooked teeth for good, visit AIMS Dentistry.