Teeth whitening Treatment Mississauga is quite in vogue like never before. Blame it on the selfie-culture, people have become more obsessed with perfection. They’ve become more conscious of their appearance. No wonder more and more people are opting for Teeth Whitening Treatments and we’d say it’s a welcome trend.
Teeth whitening is more a necessity than a luxury. When you see your shining white teeth after the session is over, your confidence escalates. AIMS Dentistry, providers of the best dental care in Mississauga, hereby explains how teeth can get stained and the benefits of Teeth Whitening Treatment.
Why teeth get stained?There are many factors that contribute to teeth discoloration. The most common ones being:
- Age: Teeth start losing their natural white hue as one progresses in age.
- Diet: Excessive tea and coffee consumption can discolor your teeth over time.
- Smoking: Smoking is another bad habit that causes teeth staining. These stains are distinguishable from other stains for tobacco stains are pretty hard to remove. But with stains being limited to enamel, tobacco stain removal is possible.
- Improper Dental Hygiene: If you don’t brush and floss your teeth regularly, your teeth will get stained. It’s as simple as that.
- Intrinsic staining of teeth: Intrinsic stain removal is the job of a specialist as it’s impossible to remove them by conventional teeth whitening treatments. Intrinsic teeth staining is caused by exposure to excessive fluoride levels in water since childhood, use of tetracycline in children below age 8 and in the second and third trimester of pregnancy, and following a fractured tooth.
Teeth whitening to the rescue
Teeth whitening treatment helps you out of this fix. Two types of teeth whitening treatments are conducted by dentists, namely vital and non-vital teeth whitening. Vital is for teeth having live nerves, like healthy teeth. Non-vital whitening is for teeth that are devoid of nerves root post root canal treatment. Benefits include:
- A beautiful stain free smile that enhances your overall appeal.
- Confidence boost that comes from smiling a perfect pearly white smile.
- Makes you look younger.
- You get a healthy mouth feel.
- You can laugh and smile without getting conscious.
PrecautionsThere are certain dos and don’ts that need to be followed to ensure a seamless whitening experience. These are:
- Give your dentist your detailed medical history prior to going for this treatment. That includes the medications you’re currently taking and any dental procedure you underwent previously.
- Post treatment, use only those products that are prescribed by your dentist. That includes toothpaste, mouthwash, and any post treatment application if needed..
- For long lasting effects, quit smoking and excessive intake of caffeinated drinks. Take good care of your teeth.
While perfection is something we can just chase, having a perfect white smile is not an impossible feat anymore. With AIMS Dentistry that gives best dental services in Mississauga, it’s possible.