Preventive diagnostic helps prevent dental issues and other associated problems before they begin. It is a great way to help maintain good dental health. Some of the preventive measures taken include regular check-ups, gum disease treatment, laser gum lift, dental hygiene, and others. Our dentists perform a thorough check-up to help discover any dental problem early. We strive to correct any problem conservatively, effectively and in a cost-effective manner.
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed during your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.